Rail Boxcar, California Western Railroad #462
In 1912 the California Western Railroad had a total of 199 cars in freight service, the vast majority being flatcars used for hauling logs and lumber. Of that total, the Railroad owned three wooden boxcars, built in 1912, and then rebuilt in 1923. Car #462 was acquired by Bert and Ferne Rudolph of Willits, California in the 1950s. Roots of Motive Power purchased the boxcar from the Rudolphs in 1991.